At VIFreepBreaking NewsBusiness NewsCommunity AffairsHumanitarian NewsIrregularitiesPolice NewsSt. Croix News

BREAKING NEWS: Serial Citizen Abuser VIPD Officer Charles Nibbs Accused Of Telling Autistic Man He Should ‘Wear A Sign’ Identifying Himself As Handicapped

SMILE FOR THE CAMERA: Veteran Virgin Islands Police Department (VIPD) officer Charles Nibbs poses for the mother of a special needs child in the parking lot of a Frederiksted supermarket after he allegedly verbally abused her son at his work site. (PHOTO COURTESY: Liz Richards)

FREDERIKSTED — A parent of a special needs child says that her son was verbally accosted by a prominent uniformed Virgin Islands Police Department (VIPD) officer for allegedly not bagging his plastic water bottles properly at a West End supermarket on Tuesday afternoon.

Liz Richards said that her autistic son Shawn, 21, works as a bagger at Stop & Shop Supermarket in Hannah’s Rest and that when VIPD Officer Charles Nibbs saw that his water was not bagged the way he wanted it — he began shouting at the mentally-challenged young man.

“So today this man here (Charles Nibbs) was a complete asshole where my son was concerned,” Richards said. “If anyone knows Shawn they know he has autism. This man (Nibbs) decided that he would start to shout at my son for not bagging gallons of water the way he like in already illegal plastic bags.”

Richards, working as a cashier next to her son at Stop & Shop Supermarket, said she witnessed the whole distressing incident up close and personal.

“So I, being the cashier/mother that I am, corrected the asshole (Nibbs) and let him know that he was dealing with an autistic person (Shawn). The asshole (Nibbs) in turn let me know that my child should wear a sign saying so.”

Richards admitted that she was still hot about the case of abuse of power and lack of political correctness several hours after it took place.

“That motherfucker (Nibbs) has no clue the rage that went through me,” she said. “Then (Nibbs) had the nerve to tell me protect my job. Bitch (Nibbs) that job don’t feed me and neither does taxpayer’s money.”

Ironically, Nibbs and his wife run a non-profit “Luv Kids” organization and he frequently reads out loud to Head Start schoolchildren for the VIPD. He and his wife are childless in their marriage.

Nibbs has been accused of having anger management problems for at least 30 years on St. Croix, with multiple people coming forward to say that the VIPD officer had abused them verbally and physically under the guise of doing his job as a police officer.

There was no official comment from Police Commissioner Delroy Richards Sr. or the VIPD about Nibbs’ latest alleged actions.

The Richards family said today they are very proud of Shawn for maintaining his gainful employment, being licensed to drive an automobile to and from work and many other things he can do as a “high-functioning” autistic person.

On Facebook, Richards encouraged anyone who knows Nibbs to tag the pictures she posted on social media about him after the incident took place.

“So anyone who is friends with this asshole (Nibbs) please feel free to tag his undiagnosed poor excuse for a police officer ass and let him know what magnitude of an asshole he is!”

WHERE IT HAPPENED: Stop & Shop Supermarket in Hannah’s Rest, Frederiksted, where Liz Richards says that uniformed VIPD officer Charles Nibbs on Tuesday verbally abused her son Shawn and told him that he should wear a sign identifying himself as handicapped.

Previous post

VIPD: St. Thomas Woman Nyla Peele Dies Of Ailment First Noticed Near Mitchel Motel In Estate Contant

Next post

U.S. Interior Gives $250,000 Technical Assistance Grant Funding to the Territory for New CPI

The Author

John McCarthy

John McCarthy

John McCarthy has been reporting on the U.S. Virgin Islands since 1989. He is originally from Detroit, Michigan.

14 Comments

1. Joey
    July 12, 2017 at 12:36 PM — Reply

Nibbs is a piece a shit. Always been always will be.

2. Tiyad
    July 12, 2017 at 3:15 PM — Reply

He is a mother’s cunt for real. His sorry ass wants people to be afraid of him. I can’t stand his basketball head, every week dying hair old ass. Maybe he dyes the hair on his dead dick too. He makes plenty fucks at the casino as well, wanting to occupy several slot machines at once preventing others from playing. He needs to resign from VIPD and go somewhere in the bushes to live, he and his fucking scarecrow.

• Joanne
      July 12, 2017 at 4:12 PM — Reply

@Tiyad Lmaooooo at your comment but on a serious note that is sad esp from an officer.

3. Jesse Jackson
    July 12, 2017 at 7:08 PM — Reply

I also had a problem with Nibbs at my job where he tried to get me fired. He was very disrespectful to me and i believe he dont deserve that badge. I respect law enforcement offivers very much because everyday they put their life on the line for us. He is doesnt deserve to be wearing this badge and the uniform.

4. Jennifer Ashe
    July 12, 2017 at 10:00 PM — Reply

I had a run in with him several years ago.Karma is a bitch.Can’t stand that bastard…and I see I’m not alone.

5. Cynthia
    July 12, 2017 at 11:56 PM — Reply

What a jerk no respect the biggest dickhead a uniform does not make him carry a sign he should carry one (fool, idiot )or dumb

6. NibbsAhHoe
    July 13, 2017 at 6:10 AM — Reply

Nibbs been ah hoe.He and his baldhead twin Officer Williams needs to move St Thomas.Maybe they can be used for the ground forces/lose weight force with them hills over deh

7. July 13, 2017 at 8:55 AM — Reply

Start a revolution by setting up an Independent Citizens Commission to fight government corruption by getting signatures of the citizens and have volunteers review all aspects of government. We the people must become united and demand justice. Satan has divided people, under God, we must unite all our Brothers & Sisters together because we are all Spirit Children of God. We are going to die and should all be repenting. We need to be humble and grateful to our Father in Heaven for what we have. We have returned to this earth life to learn how to love God more and more by loving, not abusing people. Pray for the officer, ask God to touch his heart. Start a fast island wide that his heart be changed. He doesn’t realize he has let the evil spirits control him. Where their is love in one’s heart, there is peace. Anger and contention does not come from God, it comes from…….
    Professor Lou Principe

8. JoAnne M. Saunders
    July 13, 2017 at 12:15 PM — Reply

How quickly people are to turn on their neighbors! So very sad ! ! No one has even bothered to wait to hear his side of the incident! I wasn’t there,so I choose to wait to hear all accounts of what actually took place. We all have occasional bad moments,or times that we slip and forget how to treat others with respect,decency and compassion. Like I said, I wasn’t there and I don’t know what actually took place. What I do know is that Officer Nibbs has the right for his side to be heard. I also know the quote “Judge not lest ye be judged!” Officer Nibbs has always put many children’s needs before his own and helped so many through his Luv Kids initiative. All of us ” Slip up” every now and then!

9. Genny
    July 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM — Reply

To J M Saunders,
    The people who responded about this incident is people who themselves had some kind of a bad treatment from this same Officer, He could be the nicest person to u or me, but could be Satan to someone else, those people is talking from their own experience with him!!!

10. CCP@VI/DA
    July 13, 2017 at 10:19 PM — Reply

One has to wonder, if Nibbs behavior is a trained behavior of Police Officer’s in the Force to the Disabled Community in the Virgin Islands,St.Croix in particular.

I am an individual with a disability, I observed a Police officer doing his personal business, while a Marked Police Car was parked in the Handicap Parking Spot in Sunny Isles in Banco Popular.

I waited for the uniformed officer to exit the premise, I asked him “Why are you parked in the Handicap Parking Spot?” He said he had a right to, as an, Officer he was trained to park in a close vicinity, so in case of an emergency, to get to his vehicle and drive/go to the emergency.

B.S.,as though I believed that line of Crud? No, I did not believe a word he said.

Recently, there was a story of an officer parked in Handicap Parking Spot by the Subway Sandwich Location by Golden Rock, Christiansted on the last Day of the 2017 Triathlon. The St.Croix Police force seems to think that they are above the law and have no respect for the disabled community and all in the community they were sworn to protect.

We have all seen or I have seen officer’s on their cell-phone’s, while driving.

I don’t know, if it is because of the water that they, drink they, go in as up standing fellow citizen’s and then become j*€€Ass’s like Nibbs.

Maybe they, the officer’s, need sensivity training on how to deal with Members of the Disabled Community.

11. Majesty
    July 13, 2017 at 10:53 PM — Reply

Still no civil rights Committee to hear over 800 cases filed because of injustices done to them which caused to them pain and suffering! Let’s get together yea!

12. Najeib
    July 14, 2017 at 12:58 PM — Reply

This is the reason why the Police Department is under Consent Decree.Just imagine a few years ago,more that 20 police officers was required to take a 7th grade level examination,and disgracefully only three of them past.This is part of the reason why VI police officers conduct themselves so unprofessionally.Blame the Superiors for not doing their jobs by completely screening potential employees of the Department.

13. July 15, 2017 at 3:49 PM — Reply

Nibbs has been abusing people for many years. He assaulted my sister when she was in high school working a Summer job. The Police Department did nothing about it. My parents sued him but he filed for bankruptcy to avoid paying. This police department is so full of shit, lazy ass police, lawless police, friendship comes before the people they swore to protect, wow!!!!