Virgin Islands Casino Control Commission To Hold Special Meeting in St. Croix on Friday
CHRISTIANSTED – The Virgin Islands Casino Control Commission announces that it will hold a Special Commission Meeting on Friday December 29, 2017 beginning at 11:00 a.m.
The Commission will consider approving casino employee licenses, casino employee work permits, petitions for
temporary casino employee licensure, casino service entity exemptions, casino service entity gaming and
non-gaming related licenses, and extension of temporary licenses of gaming related casino service entities.
The Commission will also accept testimony of VIGL representatives regarding the status of the horse track,
their recent purchase of King Christian Hotel and Company House, expansion of their gaming facility,
and VIGL’s petition for a Certificate of Operation.
The Commission will also accept testimony of Divi Carina Bay Casino and Resort representatives on the status of the hotel and casino hurricane recovery efforts.
THE SPECIAL COMMISSION MEETING INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE
FOLLOWING AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Consideration and ratification of casino employee licenses, casino key employee licenses and
casino servicing entity licenses, hotel employee registrations, and employee work permits.
2. Consideration of petitions for temporary licensure
3. Petition of VIGL for Operations Certificate and expansion of gaming facility
4. Extension of licenses of VIGL and Divi Carina Bay Casino pending completion of
5. Status update on the Hurricane Recovery efforts by VIGL and Divi Carina Bay Casino
The Special Commission meeting will be held at the Virgin Islands Casino Control Commission’s
hearing room located at 3005 Orange Grove, Christiansted, St. Croix. The public is invited to attend.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations are asked to contact Mrs. Barbara James-Petersen,
Executive Director at 340-718-3616.