Parole Board Decides It Will Visit Territorial Inmates in U.S. Mainland Prisons … Complete List
CITRUS COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY IN LECANTO, FLORIDA: The Virgin Islands Parole Board says that it is traveling here on June 8, 2018.
CHARLOTTE AMALIE — The Virgin Islands Parole Board said that it will hear testimony from inmates incarcerated at various penal institutions from here to the U.S. mainland beginning May 21.
During those days, the board will meet at the Golden Grove Correctional Facility on St. Croix on May 21 for inmates at the Golden Grove Correctional Facility; June 4 for those at the Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility in Tutwiler, MS; June 6 for those at the Keen Mountain Correctional Facility in Oakwood, VA, Red Onion State Prison in Big Stone Gap, VA and Wallen Ridge State Prison in Pound, VA; and June 8 for inmates at Citrus County Detention Facility in Lecanto, FL.
All meetings will start at 8:00 a.m. and the afternoon sessions will start at 12:30 p.m.
Individuals who plan to testify on behalf of or against any inmate located at Citrus County Detention Center, Tallahatchie County Correctional Center, Keen Mountain Correctional Center, Red Onion State Prison and Wallen Ridge State Prison, must provide their information to the Board at Golden Grove on May 22.
On Monday, May 21, the Board will also interview the following inmates at Golden Grove.
- Wesley Mathias: First-degree unlawful sexual contact
- Angel Medina: Two counts of first-degree burglary, second-degree burglary, kidnapping and parole violation
- Edgardo Ortiz, Jr.: Four counts of third-degree assault, unauthorized possession of an unlicensed firearm, and parole violation.
- Michael James: First-degree burglary, unlicensed possession of a firearm
- Brian Johnson: Seven counts of first-degree robbery, possession of a machine gun, parole violation
- Edguardo D. Garcia: Second-degree murder, parole violation
- Chester George: First-degree assault
- Benigno Ortiz-Diaz: First-degree burglary
- Nathaniel Hazell: Second-degree murder, parole violation
The Board will be traveling to the U.S. mainland to conduct parole hearings for the following inmates at these correctional institutions:
Monday June 4, 2018 — Tallahatchee Correctional Facility
- Jerome Turnbull: Possession of ammunition, kidnapping, first-degree robbery, possession of a firearm, first-degree assault
- Raymond Williams: Second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, attempted murder, first-degree assault, carrying and using a dangerous weapon
- Roger Petersen: First-degree robbery, first-degree assault
- Marty Glover: Third-degree burglary
Wednesday June 6, 2018 — Keen Mountain Correctional Center, Red Onion State Prison and Wallen Ridge State Prison
- Kaseem Bruno: Aggravated child abuse
- Franklin Xavier: Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Leslie Duberry: Kidnapping for robbery, kidnapping, first-degree assault, first-degree robbery, grand larceny, unauthorized possession of a vehicle
- Bertrand Gilkes: Second-degree murder
- Edward Seeley: Second-degree murder, first-degree assault, parole violation
Friday, June 8 – Citrus County Detention Center
Inmate’s Name Offense(s) Committee
- Kamal Thomas: Third-degree assault, Third-degree assault using a dangerous weapon, threat to a witness
- Joseph Frith: Second-degree aggravated rape, Incest, Domestic Violence
- Jody Penn: Second-degree murder
- Aleak Edwards: Aggravated rape, aggravated assault & battery; child abuse
- Shiloh Urgent: Voluntary manslaughter
- Frank Hughley: Aggravated Rape, unlawful sexual contact
- Jequan Joseph: Conspiracy
- Jim Wallace: First-degree assault
- Allen E. Samuel: Third-degree burglary
- Lamar Richardson: Voluntary manslaughter
- Abdul Robinson: Conflict of interest
- Stephanie Abel: Second-degree assault
- Jelani Gumbs: First-degree assault
- Craig Abbott: Third-degree assault
- Sovive Clarke: Driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor
Anyone interested in providing information to the Board or testifying at the hearings must submit written comments to the Board or advise the Board of his/her desire to appear and testify. Such notices must be received by the Board at least three days prior to May 18. Written comments or requests to testify should be addressed to:
Ms. Debra Liburd, Project Coordinator
Parole Bureau of Correction Golden Grove Adult Correctional Facility R.R. 1, Box 9950 Kingshill, VI 00851
Tel: (340-) 778-0400 x 4705
BOONDOGGLE WITH BENJAMINS: Lt. Gov. Osbert Potter used taxpayer dollars to visit Virgin Islands inmates at an Arizona Correctional Facility, but the visit, although well-attended by V.I. government officials, was not well-publicized in the local media.