Posts In Category

Military News

At VIFreepBreaking NewsCrime NewsMilitary NewsPolice NewsPuerto Rico NewsSt. Thomas NewsU.S. Department of Justice

CHARLOTTE AMALIE – Reinaldo Cruz Taura, president of Puerto Rico-based RCT Mechanical Engineering, was charged with providing kickbacks for federal government work in St. Croix and Puerto Rico, authorities said. The charges against Taura are in connection with federal government subcontracts to perform work on the federal building and courthouse

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsCrime NewsEducation NewsPolice NewsSt. Croix NewsV.I. Legislature

FREDERIKSTED — After learning of multiple acts of vandalism on various campuses over the long Memorial Day weekend, St. Croix Senator Kenneth Gittens is calling on the community to aid law enforcement in protecting schools and other public buildings. Gittens is also requesting that the Virgin Islands Department of Education

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsEnvironmental NewsPuerto Rico NewsSt. Croix NewsSt. John NewsSt. Thomas NewsTechnology News

MIAMI — NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is predicting that a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year.  There is a 40 percent chance of a near-normal season, a 30 percent chance of an above-normal season and a 30 percent chance of a below-normal season.  For 2019, NOAA predicts a

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsEducation NewsSt. Croix NewsSt. John NewsSt. Thomas NewsTechnology News

CHRISTIANSTED — Dayna Clendinen, Director designee of the Division of Personnel, reminds the public that the online application for the Virgin Islands Certified Public Manager® (CPM) Program’s 2019-2020 Colleague Group is open through May 31, 2019 on Division of Personnel’s website: www.dopusvi.org/employee-development To be considered for participation in the V.I. CPM 2019-2020

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsCrime NewsPolice NewsSt. Thomas NewsTechnology NewsU.S. Department of Justice

CHARLOTTE AMALIE – The U.S. Attorney’s Office in St. Thomas said today that Raphi Joseph has been arrested on a complaint charging him with transportation of stolen goods, U.S. Attorney Gretchen C.F. Shappert said. According to court documents unsealed today, the United States Postal Inspection Service was previously alerted that

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsGovernment House NewsInternational NewsPuerto Rico NewsSt. Croix NewsSt. John NewsSt. Thomas News

CHRISTIANSTED — Governor Albert Bryan, Jr. signed a proclamation recently recognizing African Heritage Week and African Liberation Day, which takes place on May 25th annually. About 200 million people in the Americas identify as being of African descent and millions more live in other parts of the world outside of the African

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsEducation NewsSt. Croix News

CHRISTIANSTED – Students at Lew Muckle Elementary School in Sion Farm were sent home early when administrators discovered “non-structural spalling of concrete in Building J.” The Office of the Insular Superintendent issued a statement on Facebook at 9:30 a.m. on Monday saying parents should come to pick up their children

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsCrime NewsPolice NewsPuerto Rico NewsSt. Croix NewsSt. John NewsSt. Thomas NewsU.S. Department of Justice

CHARLOTTE AMALIE — U.S. Attorney Gretchen C.F. Shappert said today that her office will be hosting a multi-district training this week, focusing on the investigation and prosecution of transnational organized drug trafficking crime as part of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) program. “The principal mission of OCDETF

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsBusiness NewsEnvironmental NewsPuerto Rico NewsSt. John News

CRUZ BAY – With the help of local businesses, volunteers and St. John Administrator Shikima Jones, non-profit group Island Green Living Association shipped at least 400,000 crushed cans off-island for recycling on Saturday. At least 40 volunteers and 350 volunteer hours went towards the effort, including can collection, crushing at Island

Read More
At VIFreepBreaking NewsBusiness NewsCommunity AffairsEducation NewsSt. Thomas News

CHARLOTTE AMALIE — At least 170 people filled Victor’s New Hideout on Saturday morning for Senator Marvin Blyden’s 5th Annual V.I. Women United to Empower Scholarship Breakfast. The Senator explained that this year’s honorees, Sara W. Connell, Ramona A. Patino Diaz, Senator Judy M. Gomez and Rosalia Rhymer-Rohan, were selected because of their selfless dedication and

Read More