At VIFreepBreaking NewsCrime NewsSt. Thomas News

Two Men Survive Shooting Near Winston Raymo Ballpark In St. Thomas

basketball court

CHARLOTTE AMALIE — Two men — a 20-year-old and a 16-year-old — were grazed with bullets as the walked near the Winston Raymo basketball court in St. Thomas in the early morning hours on Sunday.

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 about 12:16 a.m., police made contact with Ajaye Thompson of Bolongo Bay and a 16-year-old minor at the Roy Lester Schneider Regional Medical Center, the VIPD said.

According to the report, Thompson received a single gunshot to the palm of his left hand and the teen-ager was grazed on his left forearm and stomach area.

Each man said that while in the area of the Winston Raymo basketball bourt, they heard three to four shots fired and later discovered they had been injured.  

Thompson as well as the minor continued by stating that they were unaware as to who fired the shots.

Each man was treated for their respective injuries sustained during the shooting and were later released, according to police.

 

Previous post

Two Years Into His Reign As Governor, Mapp Once Again Has The Territory On The Brink Of Financial Collapse

Next post

Don't Expect Any Fireworks Like The V.I. GOP At The Democratic Primary on Saturday

The Author

John McCarthy

John McCarthy

John McCarthy is primarily known for his investigative reporting on the U.S. Virgin Islands. A series of reports beginning in the 1990's revealed that there was everything from coliform bacteria to Cryptosporidium in locally-bottled St. Croix drinking water, according to a then-unpublished University of the Virgin Islands sampling. Another report, following Hurricane Hugo in 1989, cited a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) confidential overview that said that over 40 percent of the U.S. Virgin Islands public lives below the poverty line. The Virgin Islands Free Press is the only Caribbean news source to regularly incorporate the findings of U.S. Freedom of Information Act requests. John's articles have appeared in the BVI Beacon, St. Croix Avis, San Juan Star and Virgin Islands Daily News. He is the former news director of WSVI-TV Channel 8 on St. Croix.

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *