UVI SBDC, UVI CES and BIR To Sponsor Tax Workshops For Small Businesses and Farmers
[wpedon id=”23995″ align=”left”]
FREDERIKSTED — The V.I. Small Business Development Center (VI SBDC) in collaboration with the UVI Cooperative Extension Service (CES) and the Bureau of Internal Revenue (IRB) will host workshops to assist farmers and small businesses with filing their taxes.
“These workshops will make you aware of some of the tax advantages given to farmers,” said Mary Joe Williams, SBDC network marketing coordinator. “The workshops will not make you an expert on filing your tax return; however, they will make you aware of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done. Come prepared to get your questions answered.”
The V.I. SBDC and IRB will present “Your Taxes and Farming, A Virgin Islands Farmer’s Guide To Filing Taxes” the 2017 Tax Workshop for Farmers on March 6 and 7.
The farmer’s workshop schedule is as follows:
· St. John workshop – 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at the VI Legislature Conference Room, in Cruz Bay
· St. Croix workshop – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.; Wednesday, March 7, 2018, at the UVI Cooperative Extension Service Building, Room 133, on the Albert A. Sheen Campus.
· St. Thomas workshop – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday, March 7, 2018, at the UVI Administration and Conference Center, Room 142.
The VI SBDC and the IRB will present “Tax Presentation to the Small Business Community” this month. The Small Business workshop schedule is as follows:
· St. John workshop – 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; Thursday, March 8, 2018, at the VI Legislature Conference Room, in Cruz Bay.
· St. Croix workshop – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at the UVI Cooperative Extension Service Building, Room 133, on the Albert A. Sheen Campus.
· St. Thomas workshop – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at the UVI Administration and Conference Center, Room 142.
All of the workshops are free. Pre-registration is required. Please register at the VI SBDC website at www.visbdc.org or call (340) 693-1694. For more information contact Mary Joe Williams at email@example.com or (340) 693-1694.
The Virgin Islands Small Business Development Center is a partnership program of the University of the Virgin Islands and the U. S. Small Business Administration. For more information visit http://www.sbdcvi.org/.
The Small Business Development Center is partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Such funding does not constitute an expressed or implied endorsement of any of the co-sponsors or participants’ opinions, products or services. VI SBDC is committed to the policy of providing equal opportunity for all persons. All VI SBDC programs and services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Language assistance services are available for limited English proficient individuals. Reasonable Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.