COVID-19 UPDATE: 12-Year-Old Contracts Coronavirus In St. Lucia, Ministry Says
CASTRIES — A 12-year-old child has become the latest victim of COVID-19 in the region, News Americas reported.
St. Lucia’s Ministry of Health reported the case Monday as part of nine new recorded cases.
The new cases push the total of positive cases on the island to 63, with 36 being active.
The cases are from the northern town of Gros-Islet, the capital, Castries and the southern city of Vieux Fort.
“All of the cases were placed in quarantine after testing while awaiting results, the St. Lucian Ministry said. “A link has been established for five of these cases to individuals who had been diagnosed with the virus. Investigations on the other four cases are ongoing to determine if they are linked to prior cases.”