At VIFreepBreaking NewsCrime NewsEducation NewsPolice NewsSt. Thomas News

St. Thomas Man Wanted In Shooting Near Bridge On Veteran’s Drive Surrenders To Police: VIPD

CHARLOTTE AMALIE — A St. Thomas man wanted for a shooting on Veteran’s Drive last week voluntarily surrendered to police without incident this morning, authorities said.

Tarik Babrow, 23, of Hospital Ground, was arrested at 8:15 a.m. today and charged with first-degree reckless endangerment, possession of an unlicensed firearm, possession of ammunition, illegal discharge of a firearm, and possession of a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school, the Virgin Islands Police Department said.

“Babrow was identified as the individual who discharged a firearm at a man from a black vehicle, causing damages to the victim’s vehicle,” VIPD spokesman Toby Derima said. “This incident occurred on Veteran’s Drive, near the pedestrian bridge in the vicinity of the Addelita Cancryn Junior High School, on March 2.”

Bail for Babrow was set at $30,000. Unable to post bail, he was remanded to the custody of the Bureau of Corrections pending an advice-of-rights hearing.

All individuals listed as arrested or charged with a crime in this report are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Previous post

USVI Residents Can Now Schedule Vaccinations Online Through VIDOH Website

Next post

FIX IS IN! After 3 Straight Losses, USVI Team Earns A Berth In Next Year's FIBA AmeriCup Tournament

The Author

VI Free Press

VI Free Press

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *