DLCA Establishes Safety Protocols To Try To Prevent Spread of COVID-19 In USVI
CHRISTIANSTED — Commissioner Richard Evangelista said today that his Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs (DLCA) is committed to the safety of the public in trying to prevent of the spread of the killer Chinese virus COVID-19.
“Protection of our internal and external customers is DLCA’s upmost importance” Evangelista said. “Social distancing is one of the measures suggested by health officials to fight the spread of this disease and it will take all of us to do this.”
As such, DLCA implements the following to better serve the business community and consumers:
1. Use DLCA’s online website at www.dlca.vi.gov for business license renewals or applying for a new business license. A licensing officer will call or respond via email within 24 hours. Please have your unique five-digit control number available when the licensing officer calls.
2. Schedule an appointment. DLCA licensing officers will now be implementing appointment times to better serve your needs. This will give the business owner uninterrupted personal time with their licensing officer. Appointment times will also include telephone conversations.
3. File consumer complaints online. Consumers can now file a complaint through our online website at www.dlca.vi.gov. A consumer compliance officer will call you within 24 hours to schedule an in-house or telephone appointment on a case to case basis. You may also call at 340-713-3522 on St. Croix; 340-714-3522 on St. Thomas or 340-693-8036 on St. John to schedule your appointment or discuss your case.
4. The PSI testing center located in the St. Croix office is closed until further notice.
5. For our walk-in customers, our receptionist will assist you with scheduling an appointment for DLCA to contact you and assist you with your inquires.
If you have any questions, concerns or issues, kindly contact the commissioner’s office or the assistant commissioner on St. Croix at 340-713-3522; St. Thomas/St. John at 340-714-3522.
You may also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.dlca.vi.gov follow us on Facebook @dlcavi. For more information on COVID-19, the new strain of coronavirus, please visit the USVI Department of Health’s website, doh.vi.gov/coronavirus or text COVID19USVI to 888777. #COVID19USVI